Best “Cereal” In the Whole Wide World!
This cereal is SO scrumptious it’s ridiculous! I even daydream about and get excited just to make it. It’s my all time favourite breakfast food now–you’ve got to try it out, whether you’re keto, Paleo, vegan, monkey, table or lamp!
I like to start my day with this cereal because it’s a fat bomb. It keeps my appetite low for the rest of the day while providing lasting energy for the tasks I do. In fact, I might only have one more meal that day instead of two more because it’s that satisfying.
It’s so creamy. It’s so crunchy. It just screams, “cuddle up with me!”
I do have one warning however: It’s so tasty you might overdo the carbs by eating too much nuts.
Yields 1 big hearty bowl, or 2 smaller portions
- 3-4 tsp butter or ghee(omit to make vegan)
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 cups Coconut/Almond/Flaxseed Milk OR Cream(18%, 35%, etc. just keep in mind the carbs(the lower the better). For example, whole milk has more carbs than table cream)
- Sweetener to taste(optional)
- Dash of salt
With two of the following*:
- 1/3 cup crushed walnut pieces
- 1/3 cup crushed macadamia nut pieces
- 1/3 cup toasted flaxseeds
*Note: Notice how I listed only nuts and seeds high in omega-3′s. I want to express the importance of the balance of omega-3′s to omega-6′s in daily diet. Normally, we consume too much of the latter, thinking that it’s healthy fats, but not knowing that with improper ratios of these two omegas, it can cause inflammation in the body. You are free to use other nuts such as cut up almond and and cashews and whatnot, but I highly recommend sticking to the ones I listed to reap full benefits and keep it healthy.
- In a metal pot on medium heat, melt the butter or ghee, if using. If not using, skip step 2 and go ahead and toast all the nuts and shredded coconut in an oven until desired smokey taste
- Add in the nuts and salt to pot and stir quickly for 1-2 minutes. Then add in shredded coconut and keep stirring. making sure the bottom doesn’t burn.
- To your pot, add your sweetener(you shouldn’t need more than 1 tbsp) to the nut/coconut mixture and then quickly add your milk.
- Stir and turn heat off. You can serve it like this or let it soak for 10 minutes.
VOILA! Feel free to play with the amount of he ingredients listed above to create your desired combination. Some like it with less milk, some like a blend of milks together. I let like mine really crunchy.
Let me know in the comments below what you think of this recipe! Does it live up to its name?
Click on images toenlarge
***Make your own Cookie Butter***
- 5 Ingredients
- Low Carb
- Sugar Free
- Awesomely Ketogenic
Trader Joe’s Cookie Butters have really got to me. On one hand, I want to try them out badly but they is not a single Trader Joe’s in Canada, on the other hand, I am happy I don’t have my hands on it because I’d probably get addicted.
So, what do I do?
I made my own! I’m a stickler for simple recipes. This one calls for just 5 ingredients and works great as a “Fat Bomb” (keto-ers, anybody?). If you’re counting fat grams, watch out for how much of this cookie butter you eat; it can become hard to control yourself! However, I find that if I eat this early in the day, I usually don’t feel hungry until many hours later. Which is great for my satiety!
As pictured above, here is what you need:
Yields about 1 cup of Cookie Butter
- 4 tbsp Almond Butter
- 3 tbsp Sunflower Seed Butter
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp Almond Flour
- 2 tbsp Shredded Coconut
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla (optional)
- 1 tsp all natural calorie free sweetener(optional)
- 2 tbsp whey protein isolate (optional)
I used Swerve, an all natural calorie free sweetener, to sweeten it. I like it a more than Splenda! You can use anything you like, though.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Freeze for 10 minutes (Add in peppermint candy canes if you’re feeling festive)
- EAT. IT. BY. THE. SPOON. FUL.
Have a soon-to-be Happy Christmas and Merry New Year!
Lady Gaga as Bertha & Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Johnny - Sin City: A Dame To Kill For - Red Band Trailer [x]
"The Flicking Candle Company"
lol clever clever clever use of name AND font.
Glitches in the matrix.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt at Seth Rogen’s benefit gala for Alzheimer disease research, (July 26 in Montreal).
Joseph sings a song by Jacques Brel (French singer and composer)
Here a video made during a show hitRECord in 2010 while singing a song by Jacques Brel
Joseph ieri sera è stato ospite all’evento benefico di Seth Rogen per sostenere la ricerca sul morbo di Alzheimer.
Durante la serata Joseph ha cantato un pezzo di Jacques Brel (cantante e compositore francese)
In attesa di trovare un video della performance di ieri, eccone uno fatto durante uno show hitRECord del 2010, a conferma della sua pronuncia francese :)
Joseph Gordon-Levitt makes a surprise appearance at Seth Rogen’s ‘Hilarity for Charity’ gala which aims to raise money for Alzheimer disease research, on July 26,2014 in Montreal,Canada (x)